Strengthens students’ clinical leadership skills in implementing the available evidence based knowledge on a chosen topic directly relating to mental health and/or mental illness. There is an emphasis on leading the translation and application of knowledge to clinical practice settings.
One specialist topic from mental health and or illness perspectives and consideration of how practice can be reformed:
- Addiction in mental health contexts;
- Lived experience of mental illness in the workforce;
- Suicide: drivers and mitigation;
- Psychological trauma from childhood into adulthood.
- Gaps and resonances between research evidence and practice.
- Change processes within mental health contexts.
- Management of the translation of research into clinical practice.
- Clinical leadership in mental health.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically contrast the findings from the literature with that of current practice and /or policy in clinical settings|
|2||apply and integrate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice settings|
|3||identify and apply mental health specific barriers and enablers to successfully changing practice and/or policy|
|4||explain how clinical leadership in mental health will influence the translation and application from literature to practice|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically contrast the findings from the literature with that of current practice and /or policy in clinical settings
- apply and integrate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice settings
- identify and apply mental health specific barriers and enablers to successfully changing practice and/or policy
- explain how clinical leadership in mental health will influence the translation and application from literature to practice
- Stanley, D., 2017, Clinical Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare: Values into Action , 2nd Edition, Wiley. ISBN: 9781119253785 (online).
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.