Provides students with the opportunity to critically analyse contemporary models and frameworks for midwifery leadership and midwifery mentorship/preceptorship: concepts, issues and challenges and their impact on midwifery practice will be examined. The midwife as an educator will also be explored.
- Leadership within the Australian healthcare context
- Midwife as educator within Australian clinical context
- Mentorship and preceptorship within Australian clinical context
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse and compare theoretical principles and practices of leadership|
|2||critically analyse adult learning principles and practices|
|3||apply adult learning principles while undertaking the role of midwifery educator|
|4||critically analyse the role of midwifery mentorship/preceptorship|
|5||apply theoretical and evidence-informed knowledge to a mentor–mentee relationship|
|6||critically reflect upon and evaluate your own performance as an educator and mentor.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse and compare theoretical principles and practices of leadership
- critically analyse adult learning principles and practices
- apply adult learning principles while undertaking the role of midwifery educator
- critically analyse the role of midwifery mentorship/preceptorship
- apply theoretical and evidence-informed knowledge to a mentor–mentee relationship
- critically reflect upon and evaluate your own performance as an educator and mentor.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.