Building on from Midwifery Practice: Mentorship A, this unit will see students move into the role of mentor for a first-year midwifery student. Applying theoretical and evidence informed knowledge to build a mentor- mentee relationship, and drawing on prior leadership knowledge, skills and experience, students will plan for and reflect on their performance in the role of mentor.
- Midwife as mentor and educator
- Midwife as leader and leadership in the health care context
- Communicating as a mentor
- Safety, respect and professionalism
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply adult learning principles while undertaking the role of mentor to a 1st year midwifery student|
|2||apply theoretical and evidence-informed knowledge to a mentor–mentee relationship|
|3||critically analyse and reflect on an experience of your own performance as mentor/educator|
|4||develop, maintain, and conclude mentor-mentee relationship in a way that differentiates the boundaries between professional and personal relationships|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply adult learning principles while undertaking the role of mentor to a 1st year midwifery student
- apply theoretical and evidence-informed knowledge to a mentor–mentee relationship
- critically analyse and reflect on an experience of your own performance as mentor/educator
- develop, maintain, and conclude mentor-mentee relationship in a way that differentiates the boundaries between professional and personal relationships
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.