|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Examines tourism and hospitality service and quality management using theory and case studies from real world situations. In particular - the three operational management concepts common throughout tourism related organisations; the provision of services in the tourism and hospitality industries rather than transfer of goods; and the management of service quality in tourism and hospitality organisations.
This unit contains six topics:
- Service, quality and operations management
- Productivity management
- Capacity management
- Consumer interaction
- Organisational interaction
- Quality management.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and evaluate the issues involved in successful production and capacity management in service organisations|
|2||Identify, evaluate and critically discuss the benefits, challenges and implications of effective operations management in tourism and hospitality industries|
|3||analyse and evaluate service quality in a hospitality/tourism industry workplace|
|4||critically discuss the diversity of operational management issues common in tourism and hospitality industries.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and evaluate the issues involved in successful production and capacity management in service organisations
- Identify, evaluate and critically discuss the benefits, challenges and implications of effective operations management in tourism and hospitality industries
- analyse and evaluate service quality in a hospitality/tourism industry workplace
- critically discuss the diversity of operational management issues common in tourism and hospitality industries.
- Lovelock, C, Patterson, P & Wirtz, J, 2014, Services Marketing – An Asia-Pacific and Australian Perspective, 6th edn, Pearson Australia, Frenchs Forest. ISBN: 9781486002702.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.