This unit focuses on developing students understanding and knowledge of marketing and promotion theory as it relates to sport, exercise and allied health organisations. Students will be exposed to a range of strategies that can help these organisations to be more successful in this highly competitive market place
- Marketing of sport, exercise and allied health organisations.
- The promotion of sport, exercise and allied health organisations.
- Product development for the sport, exercise and allied health organisations.
- Pricing strategies for sport, exercise and allied health organisations.
- The role of research in the sport, exercise and allied health industries.
- The market research process.
- Developing a marketing plan for the sport, exercise and allied health organisation.
- Target marketing.
- Consumer behaviour in the sport, exercise and allied health industries.
- Sponsorship as a marketing strategy for the sport, exercise and allied health organisation.
- Developing a sponsorship proposal.
- Pricing the sponsorship proposal.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Describe and identify the information sources for effective marketing decision-making and market research.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|2||Develop marketing plans for allied health, sport/recreation and health/fitness organisations||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|3||Have an appreciation for the role played by sponsorship in allied health, sport/recreation and health/fitness organisations and be able to develop sponsorship proposals.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
|4||Develop innovative publicity and promotion strategies for allied health, sport/recreation and health/fitness organisations.||Creativity||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
|5||Create a crisis management strategy, develop news stories, and be able to identify news creation opportunities, work with media outlets to deliver effective news stories.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills|
|6||Work effectively within a "team" environment in the development of industry specific marketing and promotional strategies.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2016 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.