Not offered in 2019
Provides the skills and tools to design, develop and manage contemporary multimedia resources for supporting immersive user interactions. Students will learn about creative production of 2D and 3D images and videos as well as 3D audio effects in interactive multimedia applications.
1. Introduction to digital media authoring tools and techniques
2. 2D and 3D image editing
3. Audio and music production
4. 3D audio effects
5. Video editing and encoding
6. Computer generated animations
7. Designing for multi-modal interactivity
8. Storage and retrieval of multimedia data
9. Delivering multimedia contents over the Internet
10. Managing creative production of digital media in a team
11. Issues with performance, privacy and security of multimedia data
12. Emerging multimedia applications
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||design, develop and manage multimedia resources||Creativity|
|2||identify and evaluate trends and issues in multimedia applications||Lifelong learning|
|3||manage team-based creative production||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|4||propose solutions for supporting interactivity and quality user experience||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.