2019 unit offering information will be available in September 2018
Develops an understanding of the entrepreneurial function in the allied health, sport and fitness industries, techniques for locating new ventures and undertaking feasibility studies, and provides students with the opportunity to develop and present a business plan related to an allied health or sporting/fitness enterprise.
- The nature of small business
- Commercial allied health, sport and fitness organisations
- The entrepreneur and entrepreneurship
- Researching and analysing business opportunities
- Getting started in small business: planning and legal issues
- Managing key functions: marketing
- Managing key functions: financial management
- Managing key functions: operations
- Managing key functions: human resource management
- Managing growth and transition
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||explain the nature of entrepreneurship and discuss the challenges facing entrepreneurs in the allied health, fitness and sport industries||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||describe techniques for locating new ventures and undertaking feasibility studies||Creativity|
|3||critically reflect on the opportunities for self-employment in the allied health, fitness and sport industries||Creativity|
|4||identify information needs and sources for effective business planning||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
|5||outline marketing opportunities for a new venture in the allied health, fitness and sport industries||Knowledge of a discipline|
|6||present and analyse financial statements for a new venture in the allied health, fitness and sport industries||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.