Not currently available in 2019
Provides HR practitioners and line managers with the knowledge and skills to implement, manage and critically evaluate human resource development activities in workplaces and to understand national and international approaches to the development of human capital. Students will be engaged in a case-based approach to learning.
- Human Resource Development in the Context of Human Resource Management.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Learning Theory.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Learning Practices.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Needs Analysis.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Design and Implementation.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Evaluation.
- Managing Human Resource Development: Career development, mentoring and other strategies.
- Managing Human Resource Development in a Culturally Diverse Workplace.
- National Human Resource Development and the Global Context - the role of governments in human capital development.
- Contemporary Issues and Critical Perspectives in Human Resource Development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||relate relevant HRD theory to practical business/organisational issues supported by rationale, research and/or scholarly literature||Intellectual rigour|
|2||appraise individual differences and cultural diversity as they impact on HRD practices||Cultural competence|
|3||critically analyse, synthesise and reflect upon HRD issues, including contextual and ethical issues.||Ethical practice|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.