Enables the student to effectively conduct the management of diverse human resources, particularly in the international employment relations context. Fosters an understanding of International HRM as well as HRM practices in other countries.
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: The cultural context
Topic 3: The organisational context
Topic 4: Equity and non-equity modes of international operations
Topic 5: Recruitment and selection
Topic 6: Performance management
Topic 7: Training, careers, repatriation
Topic 8: Compensation, benefits and taxes
Topic 9: Global employment laws, labour relations, ethics and standards
Topic 10: Trends Part 1: The changing nature of the global landscape; emerging types of assignees and assignments; the changing nature of careers and patterns of global staffing
Topic 11: Trends Part 2: ; Social responsibility, sustainability and diversity of human resources
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the range of HRM practices in an international context|
|2||examine the challenges in implementing HRM practices in an international context|
|3||develop management solutions to implementing HRM practices in an international context|
|4||research HRM practices in the context of at least two countries|
|5||compare the HRM practices in the context of at least two countries.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the range of HRM practices in an international context
- examine the challenges in implementing HRM practices in an international context
- develop management solutions to implementing HRM practices in an international context
- research HRM practices in the context of at least two countries
- compare the HRM practices in the context of at least two countries.
- Dowling, PJ, Festing, M & Engle, AD Sr, 2013, International Human Resource Management, 7th edn, Cengage Learning, Melbourne. ISBN: 9781473719026.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.