|Online||Session 2||Session 2|
Provides an advanced understanding of qualitative research methods so that students can evaluate, design and successfully undertake complex postgraduate qualitative research projects in any setting.
Covers the following areas of business research methodology:
- An Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods in Business and Management
- Research Paradigms
- Approaches and Making Choices
- Theory for Qualitative Research
- Research Design and Process
- An Overview of Qualitative Approaches
- Data Collection and Methods in Qualitative Research
- Ethics and Essential Techniques for Researchers
- Data Collection and Analysis in Qualitative Research
- Data Analysis and Coding in Qualitative Research
- Using Computers to Assist in Qualitative Analysis
- Writing up Qualitative Research
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Analyse the different paradigms of social enquiry according to the different ontological and epistemological assumptions they make||Intellectual rigour|
|2||Formulate the steps to be followed in conducting qualitative research||Ethical practice|
|3||Critique published research in terms of its ability to collect, analyse and interpret data consistent with a particular theoretical perspective or paradigm||Intellectual rigour||Cultural competence|
|4||Engage in the ethical dimensions of business and management research||Ethical practice||Cultural competence|
|5||Apply qualitative research methods.||Intellectual rigour|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Lecture online 1 hour (12 weeks)|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.