|Gold Coast||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Melbourne||Session 1||Session 1,3|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Online||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Sydney - The Hotel School||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
This unit introduces students to work and worker behaviour; behaviour at work; group and organisational behaviour; links between behaviour and organisational restructure; tasks and job design; administrative hierarchy; job satisfaction and worker adjustment; stress and other factors related to the environment of work; values associated with work behaviour.
Module 1: Organisations and the individual
- Management and organisational behaviour: an overview
- Linking attitudes to workplace behaviour
- Personality and values: understanding individual worker differences
- Perception and decision-making
- Motivation in the workplace
Module 2: Interpersonal and group processes
- Understanding and managing inter-group dynamics
- Managing collaboration and conflict
Module 3: The organisational system
- Organisational structure and design
- Organisational culture and ethical behaviour
- Managing organisational change and development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||critically analyse the determinants of workplace behaviour||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||discuss how organisational effectiveness is influenced by diversity of the internal and external environment||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Cultural competence|
|3||apply problem solving and decision making techniques to the organisational context||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||describe the processes associated with effective communication, motivation, and managing people through collaboration and conflict in an organisational context||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||evaluate and discuss issues relevant to the study of organisational design, culture and change.||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Cultural competence|
- It is expected that students will have access to a copy of the prescribed text (either hardcopy or electronic) throughout the session: Robbins, SP, Judge, TA, Millett, B & Boyle, M, 2017, Organisational Behaviour, 8th edn, Pearson, Melbourne, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-4886-0932-9.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Melbourne - The Hotel School
|Lecture online 1 hour (12 weeks)|
|Exam: closed book||50%|
Sydney - The Hotel School
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.