This unit introduces students to work and worker behaviour; behaviour at work; group and organisational behaviour; links between behaviour and organisational restructure; tasks and job design; administrative hierarchy; job satisfaction and worker adjustment; stress and other factors related to the environment of work; values associated with work behaviour.
Module 1: Organisations and the individual
- Management and organisational behaviour: an overview
- Diversity of internal and external environments of the organisation
- Human behaviour and individual differences of employees
- Solving problems and making decisions
Module 2: Interpersonal and group processes
- Understanding and managing inter-group dynamics
- Communicating effectively in organisational settings
- Managing collaboration and conflict
Module 3: The organisational system
- Organisational structure and design
- Organisational culture and ethical behaviour
- Managing organisational change and development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||identify relevant management functions and the implications of working in a diverse organisational environment||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
|2||discuss and critically analyse the determinates of behaviour of people as individuals and in groups, in organisational settings in the workplace||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
|3||implement problem solving and decision making techniques||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
|4||explore the practical applications of organisational behaviour for effective communication and managing people through collaboration and conflict||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
|5||analyse and evaluate contemporary issues relevant to the study of organisational design, culture and change.||Ethical practice||Communication and social skills||Cultural competence|
Study Period 3
- Robbins, SP, Judge, TA, Millett, B & Boyle, M, 2014, Organisational Behaviour, 7th edn, Pearson, Frenchs Forest, Australia. ISBN: 9781442558786.
Teaching and assessment
SCU Online (intensive)
|Structured online learning|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2016 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.