|SCU Online||Study Period 3||Study Period 3|
Introduces students to the latest evidence based research about how leaders can build organisational and individual support for employees, which reduces their stress and increases their wellbeing and engagement. The student will undertake assessment that builds lifelong learning, communication, social skills and cultural competence by developing and running an evidence based targeted training package for different types of employees and then analysing its impact and effectiveness.
- Positive Leadership Models
- How do authentic leadership and psychological capital fit together?
- Providing organisational support for employees: the role of LMX to increase employee outcomes
- Providing individual support for employees: The impact on employees and what organisations can do to increase individual support
- Leadership and Change
- The language of positive leadership
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Differentiate types of leadership required for developing engaged employees based on awareness and respect of group diversity.||Cultural competence|
|2||Relate authentic leadership, effective Leader-Member Exchange and management support and the psychological capital of employees based on the recognition and legitimacy of employee group differences.||Cultural competence|
|3||Run a targeted evidence based intervention for different types of employees to develop their competency to communicate in a professional setting based on listening to the views of participants and then re-directing the slant of the presentation to meet the needs of specific clientele.||Communication and social skills|
|4||Analyse and reflect upon an intervention to increase employee outcomes using a process of reflecting on how others received the training package.||Lifelong learning|
Study Period 3
- E-Text also available (http://au.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-EHEP001509.html): Shriberg, A & Shriberg, D, 2011, Practicing Leadership Principles and Applications, 4th edn, Wiley, USA. ISBN: 978-0-470-08698-8.
Teaching and assessment
SCU Online (intensive)
|Structured online learning|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.