Consideration of project initiation and planning as the first processes in the project management lifecycle. Students undertake structure and problem-based (scenario) learning to evaluate and assess a project at the selection phase, and create and critique comprehensive project management plans and charters.
- Procurement: Initiating projects to achieve organisational aims
- Selecting projects
- Assembling Project Charters
- Planning projects: Risk, resources and constraints
- Planning projects: Assessment
- Assembling Project Management Plans
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities||Intellectual rigour|
|2||Create and apply project selection matrices||Creativity||Ethical practice|
|3||Create a project charter||Creativity||Ethical practice|
|4||Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs||Intellectual rigour||Ethical practice|
|5||Develop sustainable and agile project management plans||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Ethical practice|
Study Period 4
- The book might be easiest to order from the PMI.org website: PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE, 2013, A guide to the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK guide), 5th edn, Newtown Square, Pa. ISBN: 978-1-935589-67-9.
Teaching and assessment
SCU Online (intensive)
|Structured online learning|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2016 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.