|SCU Online||Study Period 1||Study Period 1|
Consideration of project initiation and planning as the first processes in the project management lifecycle. Students undertake structure and problem-based (scenario) learning to evaluate and assess a project at the selection phase, and create and critique comprehensive project management plans and charters.
- Project Selection
- Stakeholder and Communication Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning — Scope Management
- Project Time and Resource Management
- Project Planning — Cost Estimation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities||Intellectual rigour|
|2||Create and apply project selection matrices||Creativity||Ethical practice|
|3||Create a project charter||Creativity||Ethical practice|
|4||Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs||Intellectual rigour||Ethical practice|
|5||Develop sustainable and agile project management plans.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Ethical practice|
Study Period 1
- Available from www.pmi.org. Students who become members of the PMI (USD32) receive a complimentary digital copy: Project Management Institute, 2017, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, 6th edn, Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. ISBN: 9-781-628-25184-5.
- This is the basic text for this course. Available as an eBook.: Kloppenborg, TJ, Anantatmula, V & Wells, KN, 2018, Contemporary Project Management, 4th, Cengage Learning, Boston, MA, USA. ISBN: 9781337406451.
Teaching and assessment
SCU Online (intensive)
|Structured online learning|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 3
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.