|Brisbane - The Hotel School|
|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Provides students with an overview of the management and control of the marketing function in tourism and hospitality organisations. This is a skills-based marketing unit that covers the areas of destination marketing, media releases, brochure development, internet marketing, product development, pricing, packaging and advertising.
Topic 1. Destination marketing
Topic 2. Designing and managing hospitality and tourism products and services
Topic 3. Pricing strategies in tourism and hospitality
Topic 4. Channels of distribution
Topic 5. The communications and promotion mix
Topic 6. Advertising mechanisms
Topic 7. Public/media relations
Topic 8. Electronic marketing and the Internet
Topic 9. Database and direct marketing
Topic 10. Sales promotion, personal selling and professional sales
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||classify segments in tourism and hospitality businesses|
|2||explain the components of the promotions mix|
|3||evaluate the effectiveness of print ad design using advertising and communications theory|
|4||identify and implement appropriate promotional techniques|
|5||understand the role of public and media relations and develop appropriate tools such as media releases.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- classify segments in tourism and hospitality businesses
- explain the components of the promotions mix
- evaluate the effectiveness of print ad design using advertising and communications theory
- identify and implement appropriate promotional techniques
- understand the role of public and media relations and develop appropriate tools such as media releases.
- Kotler, PT, Bowen, JT, Makens, JC & Baloglu, S, 2016, Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism , 7th edn (Global Edition), Pearson Education limited, Harlow, UK. ISBN: ISBN10 1292156155 ISBN13 9781292156156 .
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.