|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby|
Discusses the global marketing environment, how global markets are identified and evaluated, and highlights global product planning, pricing, promotion and distribution strategies. Global marketing skills are of critical importance to marketing practitioners as firms choose to compete globally due to saturated home markets, the allure of opportunities in emerging markets, and intensified global competition.
Module 1: Introduction to Global Marketing
Module 2: Political and Legal Dimensions
Module 3: Social and Cultural Considerations
Module 4: Global Marketing Opportunities
Module 5: Marketing Internationally
Module 6: The Future of Global Marketing
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse how the international environment impacts upon global marketing activities|
|2||compare and contrast marketing-mix management in domestic and foreign markets|
|3||assess the future of global marketing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse how the international environment impacts upon global marketing activities
- compare and contrast marketing-mix management in domestic and foreign markets
- assess the future of global marketing.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Keegan, WJ & Green, MC, 2017, Global Marketing, 9th edn (Global), Pearson Education, New York. ISBN: 978-1-292-15076-5.
- Mariadoss, BJ, 2018, Core Principles of International Marketing, Washington State University, Creative Commons Attribution (ShareAlike).
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.