Develops students' skills in contemporary music performance including instrumental or vocal technique, performance practice of contemporary music styles, and workplace health and safety in performance.
- OH&S issues in relation to rehearsal and live performance
- Learning music: Career pathways, portfolio careers, self-skilling, lifelong learning
- Learning music: Introduction to cognitive and physiological elements, deliberate practice, critiquing and effective journaling
- Ensemble models: roles, rules, 'hard' and 'soft' skills
- Introductory technique on an instrument or in singing in ensemble setting
- Ensemble rehearsal and performance practices
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate foundation performance techniques in an ensemble setting on an instrument or singing.||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||demonstrate the application of music theory to performance and ensemble practice||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||demonstrate knowledge and skills relating to occupational health and safety in music performance||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||demonstrate a range of personal, interpersonal and organisational skills necessary in an ensemble setting||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|5||evaluate and reflect on own musical skill levels and development and implement strategies to improve targeted areas||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2016 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.