Aims to build on students' contemporary music performance skills developed in MUS10502 Music Practice II in relation to particular instrument performance techniques; or to gain basic instrument performance skills in a specific studio area.
- Technique and technical routines of an instrument (guitar, bass guitar, keyboards, drums) or in singing
- Performance practice in contemporary styles
- Solo performance and ensemble skills
- OH&S issues related to music performance
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate contemporary music performance techniques||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|2||demonstrate contemporary music performance techniques||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|3||demonstrate musicianship skills applied to contemporary music performance||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|4||perform solo or in an ensemble.||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
- Igoe, T, 2005, Groove Essentials - The Play Along.
- Pertout, A, , Sight Reading The Rhythm Book.
- Reed, T, , Progressive Steps to Syncopation for the Modern Drummer.
Teaching and assessment
|Workshop on-site 2 hour (6 weeks)|
|Progressive assessments based on technique, performance practice and journal||50%|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2014 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.