|Lismore||Session 1||Session 1|
Provides group instrumental or vocal tuition aiming to build on students' existing music performance skills in relation to particular instrument performance techniques; or to gain introductory instrument performance skills in a specific studio area. The study is sequenced according to the needs and abilities of each individual, and the demands of each instrument.
- Studio specific WHS issues related to music performance
- Technique and technical routines application of an instrument - either guitar, bass, drums, keyboards or in singing
- Establishing, documenting and demonstrating practice routines
- Performance practice in popular music styles
- Solo performance exam preparation, introductory stagecraft, stageplan responsibilities and ensemble leadership skills.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate technical application of studio specific practice routines||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|2||demonstrate music performance techniques||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|3||demonstrate musicianship skills applied to music performance||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
|4||perform solo or in a small ensemble (due, trio or quartet).||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Workshop on-site 1 hour/weekly ((12 weeks))|
|Progressive assessments based on technique, performance practice and journal||50%|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.