|Lismore||Session 1||Session 1|
Develops intermediate-level skills and knowledge in relation to collaborative music-making practices, songwriting, composition, arrangement and music performance and presentation. Students will rehearse and perform with two ensembles and participate in workshops and lectures. In this unit, students have the option of participating in a project ensemble geared towards the students' own creative and/or performance goals.
- Intermediate-level ensemble practices and etiquette.
- Rehearsal and performance techniques.
- Composition, songwriting and arrangement techniques for live performance.
- Rhythm-section writing, techniques and performance.
- Backing-vocal arrangement, horn and string ("Sweeteners") arrangement and musical direction
- Improvisation techniques related to selected repertoire
- Intermediate-level stagecraft, presentation and audience engagement. Application of stagecraft skills to repertoire rehearsal and performance.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Demonstrate intermediate-level instrumental or vocal techniques in an ensemble setting||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|2||Apply intermediate-level songwriting/composition and arrangement techniques within a small ensemble setting||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|3||Apply intermediate-level musical theoretical principles in a practical performance setting||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||Present work within an ensemble in the form of performances, concerts, recordings or other approved media||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|5||Evaluate and reflect on self and others' skill levels, development and artistry, and implement strategies to improve targeted areas in relation to both individual and group practice at an intermediate level.||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.