Not offered in 2020
Develops advanced level skills and knowledge in relation to sound production with a focus on understanding the fundamentals of studio-based sound recording and audio production techniques. Techniques and processes covered in the syllabus include advanced sound recording and editing, sound spatialisation and an examination of emerging audio technologies in relation to sound production.
- The multi-track recording session
- Advanced analog and digital recording techniques.
- Advanced audio editing
- Developing creative sound recording concepts
- Emerging sound recording technology
- Sound production case studies
- Audio mastering
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Demonstrate an understanding of advanced level sound theory concepts and apply these concepts in recording contexts|
|2||Demonstrate advanced level skills and techniques in recording, editing and mixing|
|3||Analyse production techniques utilised in contemporary sound recordings.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced level sound theory concepts and apply these concepts in recording contexts
- Demonstrate advanced level skills and techniques in recording, editing and mixing
- Analyse production techniques utilised in contemporary sound recordings.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.