Develops introductory technical and analytical skills in selected studio practice area (instrumental/vocal performance, songwriting or production) through the critique of practice and application of studio specific techniques.
Studio specific WHS issues
Technique and technical work as relevant for specific studio areas
Establishing, documenting and developing practice routines
Studio specific introductory level theory
Application of studio specific theory to practice
Preparation for performance or presentation of works as relevant to studio area
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice areas|
|2||demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area|
|4||demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice |
|5||present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice areas
- demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire
- demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area
- demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice
- present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.
- Drums: Sanders, D. , 2020, Progressive Steps to Better Drumming, Prepared Sounds, Queensland, Australia. ISBN: 978-0-64516-0-5.
- Keyboards: Russell, S., 2020, Calm Hands: Safe and Efficient Technique for Pianists, Wagtail Books, New South Wales , Australia. ISBN: 978-0-646-82878-7.
- Other : Texts as prescribed by individual studio lecturer, Other titles depending on instrument.