2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Develops introductory technical and analytical skills in selected studio practice area (instrumental/vocal performance, songwriting or production) through the critique of practice and application of studio specific techniques.
- Studio specific WHS issues
- Technique and technical work as relevant for specific studio areas
- Establishing, documenting and developing practice routines
- Studio specific introductory level theory
- Application of studio specific theory to practice
- Preparation for performance or presentation of works as relevant to studio area
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice areas|
|2||demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area|
|4||demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice|
|5||present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice areas
- demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire
- demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area
- demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice
- present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.