2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Builds on the skills and knowledge gained in Specialist Studies I and challenges and develops introductory performance/songwriting/production skills through the analysis and critique of repertoire and the application of discipline specific techniques.
- Technique and technical work as relevant for specific studio areas
- Evaluation and reflection on practice routines and performance/presentation outcomes
- Studio specific introductory level theory
- Application of studio specific theory to practice
- Preparation for performance or presentation of works as relevant to studio area
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice area.|
|2||demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area|
|4||demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice|
|5||present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate introductory level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice area.
- demonstrate the application of introductory level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire
- demonstrate an understanding of introductory level theory relevant to studio practice area
- demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice
- present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.