2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Provides group instrumental or vocal tuition aiming to build on students' existing music performance skills in relation to particular instrument performance techniques; or to gain introductory instrument performance skills in a specific studio area. The study is sequenced according to the needs and abilities of each individual, and the demands of each instrument.
- Studio specific WHS issues related to music performance
- Technique and technical routines application of an instrument - either guitar, bass, drums, keyboards or in singing
- Establishing, documenting and demonstrating practice routines
- Performance practice in popular music styles
- Solo performance exam preparation, introductory stagecraft, stageplan responsibilities and ensemble leadership skills.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate technical application of studio specific practice routines|
|2||demonstrate music performance techniques|
|3||demonstrate musicianship skills applied to music performance|
|4||perform solo or in a small ensemble (due, trio or quartet).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate technical application of studio specific practice routines
- demonstrate music performance techniques
- demonstrate musicianship skills applied to music performance
- perform solo or in a small ensemble (due, trio or quartet).
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.