Develops foundational level technical and analytical skills in a specific studio practice area (instrumental/vocal performance, songwriting or production) and introduces students to foundational music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge. Students participate in practical and lab sessions in musicianship and theory and participate in one to one and small group tuition in their chosen studio practice area.
Foundational level concepts and techniques related to a specific studio practice area (performance, songwriting or production)
- Foundational level music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and use foundational music theory through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks|
|2||demonstrate foundational level concepts and techniques relevant to a specific studio practice area.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and use foundational music theory through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks
- demonstrate foundational level concepts and techniques relevant to a specific studio practice area.
- Drums: Sanders, D, 2020, Progressive Steps to Better Drumming, Prepared Sounds, Queensland, Australia. ISBN: 978-0-64516-0-5.
- Keyboards: Russell, S, 2020, Calm Hands: Safe and Efficient Technique for Pianists, Wagtail Books, New South Wales, Australia. ISBN: 978-0-646-82878-7.
- Other: Other texts as prescribed by individual studio lecturer, titles depending on instrument.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.