Builds on the skills and knowledge gained in Music Craft II, further developing foundational performance, songwriting or production skills through analysis and critique of repertoire and the application of studio specific techniques. Builds and consolidates foundational music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge. Students participate in practical and lab sessions and participate in one to one and small group tuition in their chosen studio practice area.
Foundational level skills and knowledge related to a specific studio practice area (performance, songwriting or production)
Analysis and critique of repertoire, performance and recordings
- Foundational level music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||display emerging music theory concepts through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks|
|2||apply foundational level concepts and techniques relevant to a specific studio practice area.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- display emerging music theory concepts through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks
- apply foundational level concepts and techniques relevant to a specific studio practice area.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.