2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Builds on students' technical skills developed in their particular discipline from the unit Specialist Studies III, and challenges and extends their artistic understanding. Provides the opportunity for students to develop their directions as musicians/producers within their discipline via intermediate level critique, analysis and application of musical and/or production elements of a range of repertoire.
- Technique and technical work as relevant for specific studio areas
- Review and refine practice routines and performance/presentation outcomes
- Studio specific intermediate level theory
- Application of studio specific theory to practice
- Preparation for performance or presentation of works as relevant to studio area
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate intermediate level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice area.|
|2||demonstrate the application of intermediate level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire.|
|3||demonstrate an understanding of intermediate level theory relevant to studio practice area.|
|4||demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice.|
|5||present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate intermediate level techniques appropriate to selected studio practice area.
- demonstrate the application of intermediate level techniques to the performance/presentation of selected repertoire.
- demonstrate an understanding of intermediate level theory relevant to studio practice area.
- demonstrate the application of relevant theory to studio practice.
- present work in the form of concerts, compositions, recordings or other approved media.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.