Develops intermediate-level skills and knowledge in relation to ensemble rehearsal and performance, rhythm section and vocal arranging. Students will rehearse and perform in a small ensemble and participate in practical sessions focused on arrangement techniques. In this unit students have the option of participating in a project ensemble geared towards the students’ own creative or performance goals.
Intermediate level ensemble practices
Rehearsal, arrangement and performance techniques in a small ensemble setting
Rhythm section writing and arrangement techniques
- Vocal writing and arrangement techniques
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate intermediate performance techniques in an ensemble setting on an instrument or singing|
|2||apply intermediate-level rhythm section and vocal writing and arrangement techniques|
|3||apply intermediate-level music theory principles to ensemble practice and performance.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate intermediate performance techniques in an ensemble setting on an instrument or singing
- apply intermediate-level rhythm section and vocal writing and arrangement techniques
- apply intermediate-level music theory principles to ensemble practice and performance.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.