Interrogates the portfolio career model for contemporary musicians. Students examine case studies of career pathways, theoretical underpinnings and provides an opportunity for students to develop strategies for the transition into their preferred career area. This is an advanced level core capstone unit for students completing the Bachelor of Contemporary Music degree.
- Portfolio careers, lifelong learning
- Music industry roles
- Music education pathways
- Business planning
- marketing and promotion
- Funding sources
- Building a portfolio
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify and analyse current career pathways for musicians and contextualise in relation to broader employment patterns.|
|2||Design and develop a business proposal related to students' own area of expertise and career aspiration|
|3||Design, create and evaluate a portfolio presentation relevant to the students' own career trajectory|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify and analyse current career pathways for musicians and contextualise in relation to broader employment patterns.
- Design and develop a business proposal related to students' own area of expertise and career aspiration
- Design, create and evaluate a portfolio presentation relevant to the students' own career trajectory
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.