|Coffs Harbour||Session 2||Session 2|
|Gold Coast||Session 2||Session 2|
Provides students with the opportunity to critically analyse contemporary models and frameworks for midwifery leadership, midwifery management and midwifery mentorship/preceptorship: concepts, issues and challenges and their impact on midwifery practice will be examined. The midwife as an educator will also be explored.
- Leadership and management within the Australian healthcare context
- Midwife as educator within Australian clinical context
- Mentorship and preceptorship within Australian clinical context
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||critically analyse and compare theoretical principles and practices of leadership and management||Lifelong learning|
|2||critically analyse adult learning principles and practices||Lifelong learning|
|3||apply adult learning principles while undertaking the role of midwifery educator||Intellectual rigour||Communication and social skills|
|4||critically analyse the role of midwifery mentorship/preceptorship||Lifelong learning|
|5||apply theoretical and evidence-informed knowledge to a mentor–mentee relationship||Intellectual rigour||Communication and social skills|
|6||critically reflect upon and evaluate your own performance as an educator and mentor.||Lifelong learning|
- Delany, C & Molloy, E, 2018, Learning and Teaching in Clinical Contexts: A practical Guide , Elsevier, Australia.
- Downe, S, Byrom, S & Simpson, L (eds.), 2011, Essential Midwifery Practice: leadership, expertise and collaborative working, 1st edn, Blackwell Publishing Ltd, West Sussex UK. ISBN: EPDF97814444329230.
- Hammond, S, 2013, The Thin Book of Appreciative Inquiry, Thin Book Publishing Co.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.