Not offered in 2022
Examines the fundamentals of botanical medicine, including plant morphology, botanical taxonomy and herbal pharmacognosy and pharmacology, and applies this knowledge to herbal therapeutics and herbal medicine manufacturing.
- Botany and plant classification
- Pharmacognosy fundamentals
- Herbal therapeutics 1
- Herbal therapeutics 2
- Herbal therapeutics 3
- Herbal therapeutics 4
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||recognise plant morphology and botanical taxonomy|
|2||recognise chemical complexity, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of medicinal plants|
|3||identify specific therapeutic actions and clinical indications of medicinal plants|
|4||apply knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice to medicinal plants|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- recognise plant morphology and botanical taxonomy
- recognise chemical complexity, pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of medicinal plants
- identify specific therapeutic actions and clinical indications of medicinal plants
- apply knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice to medicinal plants
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.