Not offered in 2022
Develops knowledge and skills required to administer safe and effective therapeutic massage, and to recommend selected evidence-based mind-body therapies, to healthy adults.
- Therapeutic massage 1 - professional conduct and techniques
- Therapeutic massage 2 - torso, head and neck
- Therapeutic massage 3 - limbs
- Therapeutic massage 4 - full body
- Mind-body techniques 1
- Mind-body techniques 2
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss professional conduct and safety within the context of therapeutic massage|
|2||apply therapeutic massage techniques to torso, head, neck and limbs|
|3||apply therapeutic massage techniques to full body|
|4||recommend appropriate mind-body techniques for healthy populations using the best available evidence|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss professional conduct and safety within the context of therapeutic massage
- apply therapeutic massage techniques to torso, head, neck and limbs
- apply therapeutic massage techniques to full body
- recommend appropriate mind-body techniques for healthy populations using the best available evidence
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.