Explores the roles and responsibilities of health practitioners, including the laws, ethical principles and regulatory structures governing naturopathic medicine practice. The foundations of effective communication are also examined within the context of professional conduct.
- Roles and responsibilities of health practitioners
- Professional conduct – law
- Professional conduct – regulation
- Professional conduct – ethics
- Communication in healthcare – interprofessional communication
- Communication in healthcare – patients and public
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||interpret roles and responsibilities of practitioners involved in patient care|
|2||illustrate principles of professional conduct in the context of common law, health ethics and regulation|
|3||examine foundations of interprofessional communication in defined healthcare settings|
|4||apply foundations of patient and public communication in defined healthcare settings|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- interpret roles and responsibilities of practitioners involved in patient care
- illustrate principles of professional conduct in the context of common law, health ethics and regulation
- examine foundations of interprofessional communication in defined healthcare settings
- apply foundations of patient and public communication in defined healthcare settings
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.