Not currently available in 2023
Learners examine influences on normal and abnormal reproductive health across the male and female reproductive lifespan. Learners engage with contemporary evidence-based literature to evaluate the approach to managing reproductive diseases in clinical settings. Learners will also explore aspects of infertility and examine integrative and multidisciplinary approaches to managing infertility, supporting the preconception care period, common pregnancy conditions and supporting individuals through to post-partum including breastfeeding.
- Overview of the reproductive health
- Common reproductive diseases across the life span
- Integrative approaches to managing reproductive diseases
- Infertility in contemporary health care
- Preconception health care
- Managing health during pregnancy and post-partum, and breastfeeding
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss various influences on normal and abnormal reproductive health|
|2||critically evaluate integrative approaches to managing reproductive diseases|
|3||critically analyse aspects of infertility in contemporary health care|
|4||critically examine integrative approaches for preconception care through to pregnancy and post-partum|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss various influences on normal and abnormal reproductive health
- critically evaluate integrative approaches to managing reproductive diseases
- critically analyse aspects of infertility in contemporary health care
- critically examine integrative approaches for preconception care through to pregnancy and post-partum
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.