2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to the field of naturopathic medicine, including the foundations of the discipline, and the laws, ethical principles and regulatory structures governing naturopathic medicine practice.
- History and philosophical foundations of naturopathic medicine
- Principles of naturopathic medicine I
- Principles of naturopathic medicine II
- Contemporary naturopathic medicine practice
- Professional conduct – law and ethics
- Clinical reasoning in naturopathic medicine
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the historical evolution of naturopathic medicine|
|2||explain, individually or in a group, the philosophies, principles and scope of naturopathic medicine practice|
|3||illustrate the principles of professional conduct in the context of common law, human ethics and regulation|
|4||apply clinical reasoning frameworks applicable to the discipline of naturopathic medicine|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the historical evolution of naturopathic medicine
- explain, individually or in a group, the philosophies, principles and scope of naturopathic medicine practice
- illustrate the principles of professional conduct in the context of common law, human ethics and regulation
- apply clinical reasoning frameworks applicable to the discipline of naturopathic medicine
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.