Learners critically explore contemporary developments in naturopathic medicine and their intersection with naturopathic philosophy. These include the socio-political implications of medical dominance, and the impact of global advancements in naturopathic medicine. Learners apply the skills of critical thinking and reflection to examine these issues through different conceptual frameworks, and assess how these different perspectives impact contemporary clinical practice.
- Philosophical frameworks in naturopathic medicine
- Global advancements in naturopathic medicine
- Influence of medical dominance on naturopathic medicine
- Contemporary applications of naturopathic philosophy
- Professionalisation of naturopathic medicine
- Evidence-based clinical decision-making frameworks
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explore naturopathic philosophy in contemporary settings|
|2||critically examine the global advancements towards professionalisation of naturopathic medicine|
|3||critically examine medical dominant influences on naturopathic medicine|
|4||apply evidence-based clinical decision making frameworks to contemporary clinical practice|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explore naturopathic philosophy in contemporary settings
- critically examine the global advancements towards professionalisation of naturopathic medicine
- critically examine medical dominant influences on naturopathic medicine
- apply evidence-based clinical decision making frameworks to contemporary clinical practice
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.