Learners develop a proposed research project, from conception of an idea to preparation of a study protocol. Learners discover how to formulate a research question, reviewing the literature, critically appraise the literature, develop a research justification statement, and define the parameters of a research project (including the aims, objectives, design, outcomes, data collection methods and data analysis procedures). Learners also realise how to prepare a study protocol that may be suitable for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Research project management
- Establishing a clear, succinct research question
- Reviewing and appraising the literature and preparing a justification statement
- Developing a research protocol
- Data collection methods
- Data analysis procedures
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply the principles and strategies for effective research project management to a planned research project|
|2||develop a clear and succinct research question and/or hypothesis|
|3||compose a well-supported, current and persuasive research justification statement|
|4||formulate a comprehensive research protocol outlining data collection and analysis procedures aligned to project research question and/or hypothesis|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply the principles and strategies for effective research project management to a planned research project
- develop a clear and succinct research question and/or hypothesis
- compose a well-supported, current and persuasive research justification statement
- formulate a comprehensive research protocol outlining data collection and analysis procedures aligned to project research question and/or hypothesis
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
There are readings and resources and overview provided for each module in this unit. See MySCU for details.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.