Learners explore integrative approaches to mental health. These evidence-based, patient-centred approaches are applied to a range of mental health conditions. Learners are equipped with the knowledge and skills to recognise acute mental health emergencies and implementing mental health first aid. The value of the therapeutic relationship in mental health is also examined.
- Overview of mental health
- Classification and major causes of psychiatric pathology
- Integrative management of mental health conditions
- Integrative approaches to mental health
- The therapeutic relationship in mental health
- Acute emergencies and mental health first aid
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||reflect on mental health care systems in Australia and internationally|
|2||apply psychiatric aetiology and classification to integrative management of mental health conditions|
|3||critically describe the integrative approaches to mental health|
|4||recognise role of the therapeutic relationship in mental health and mental health emergencies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- reflect on mental health care systems in Australia and internationally
- apply psychiatric aetiology and classification to integrative management of mental health conditions
- critically describe the integrative approaches to mental health
- recognise role of the therapeutic relationship in mental health and mental health emergencies
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Readings and resources are provided for each module in this unit. See MySCU for details.
Teaching and assessment
|Project 150 hours (Across the term)|
|Short written response||25%|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.