|Coffs Harbour||Session 2||Session 2|
|Gold Coast||Session 2||Session 2|
|Lismore||Session 2||Session 2|
Using developmental theories and concepts of change, key aspects of nursing care and health across the lifespan are examined. In particular transitions and adaptations across the lifespan and the associated cultural, psycho-social and wellbeing factors are explored.
- Physical, psychological, social, emotional and cultural wellbeing
- Transitions throughout life
- Principles of adaptation and change
- Developmental and cultural health responses
- Family and family health assessment
- The impact of the early years on health throughout life
- Gender and health
- Maternal and newborn health
- Child and family health
- Adolescent health
- Concepts of parenthood
- The middle years (including women’s and men’s health)
- The older adult
- Grief, mourning and loss
- Mental health across the lifespan
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||define key concepts and responses related to cultural and psycho-social health adaptations and transitions throughout the lifespan||Cultural competence|
|2||apply concepts of adaptation and change throughout the lifespan to provide person-centred nursing care||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||understand and apply developmental theories to inform nursing interventions and consumer health practices||Ethical practice||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Also available as an Interactive E-text: Hoffnung, M, Hoffnung, R, Seifert, KL, Hine, A, Ward, L, Pausé, C, Swabey, K, Yates, K, & Burton Smith, R , 2016, Lifespan Development , 4th edn, Wiley, Australia.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.