Builds on the foundations of earlier interprofessional units and introduces students to the fundamentals of nursing practice. Students will develop knowledge and skills to carry out person-centred practice, developing skills in communication and assisting patients with their fundamental care needs. Students will participate in simulation experiences in laboratories including the use of Mask-Ed.
- Nursing, caring and health
- Person-centred care I
- Person-centred care II
- Fundamentals of care I
- Fundamentals of care II
- Fundamentals of care III
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss person-centred practice and what distinguishes it from other approaches|
|2||apply the component parts of the person-centred framework to fundamental nursing care provision|
|3||demonstrate appropriate strategies that can be used to enhance person-centred communication|
|4||explain the impact of the social determinants of health on being person-centred in a variety of contexts|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss person-centred practice and what distinguishes it from other approaches
- apply the component parts of the person-centred framework to fundamental nursing care provision
- demonstrate appropriate strategies that can be used to enhance person-centred communication
- explain the impact of the social determinants of health on being person-centred in a variety of contexts
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.