2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Develops students’ thinking and practice from that of an Enrolled Nurse to a Registered Nurse. Key aspects of interprofessional and nursing practice are introduced and built upon in a variety of acute and primary care contexts. Students will be exposed to simulation as their abilities to critically explore patient case studies are developed.
- Academic writing, academic integrity, digital literacy, medication calculations
- Australian health care, patient safety and adverse events
- Law, ethics and interprofessional practice
- Healthy aging
- Social determinants of health and national health priorities
- Introduction to clinical reasoning
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain the impact of the social determinants of health in a variety of contexts|
|2||discuss the components of clinical reasoning frameworks|
|3||outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards|
|4||demonstrate medication calculations and administration in a safe manner|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain the impact of the social determinants of health in a variety of contexts
- discuss the components of clinical reasoning frameworks
- outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards
- demonstrate medication calculations and administration in a safe manner
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.