Develops students’ knowledge about the complexity of leadership in nursing. Students will be provided with opportunities to consolidate their learning of management and leadership concepts by exploring how leadership and management theories apply to the nurse's role. Learning emphasises the development of personal leadership strategies in preparation for graduate practice. Students will have the opportunity to develop and apply skills in decision making, communication, delegation and quality management.
- Approaches and models of effective leadership
- Quality management
- Leadership communication skills
- Decision making, coordination and collaboration
- Ethical leadership
- Organisational culture, managing change and strategies to promote positive cultures
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||differentiate the major models of leadership|
|2||apply professional skills and teamwork to nursing leadership and care management|
|3||discuss ethical leadership concepts, skills and decision making, healthcare team coordination and accountability for quality care delivery in a variety of settings|
|4||critique the concepts of delegation, change management and conflict resolution management strategies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- differentiate the major models of leadership
- apply professional skills and teamwork to nursing leadership and care management
- discuss ethical leadership concepts, skills and decision making, healthcare team coordination and accountability for quality care delivery in a variety of settings
- critique the concepts of delegation, change management and conflict resolution management strategies
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.