2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Provides students with the opportunity to further develop and demonstrate integrated competence regarding complex nursing challenges. Students will be required to demonstrate high level assessment, planning and interventions skills in response to complex and challenging care situations.
- Triage assessment
- Advanced life support
- Paediatric resuscitation
- Complex paediatric medication administration
- Shock and system failure / advanced IV management
- Medications and technologies in the care and management of acute trauma and shock disorders
Advanced airway management
- Endotracheal tubes
- Psychiatric emergencies
- Drug-induced psychosis
- Dealing with intoxication and withdrawal states
- Pharmacological concepts in the management of psychiatric emergencies and intoxication and withdrawal states
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate comprehensive and timely assessment skills in acute and emergency situations|
|2||interpret and respond to patient presentations in simulated emergency situations|
|3||synthesise knowledge and skills to safely administer medications in complex settings|
|4||demonstrate leadership capabilities in managing teams|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate comprehensive and timely assessment skills in acute and emergency situations
- interpret and respond to patient presentations in simulated emergency situations
- synthesise knowledge and skills to safely administer medications in complex settings
- demonstrate leadership capabilities in managing teams
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.