2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Provides students with the opportunity to broaden and deepen their understanding of literature analysis and research design in relation to an area relevant to their professional practice. Students will produce a critical literature review that supports the need for either future research or practice improvement.
- Introduction: using literature to refine problems and propose further research or practice improvement
- Searching literature systematically
- Analysing, refining and managing search results
- Presenting results
- Critique and discussion
- Providing rationale and justification for the next step
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop a research question and problem statement to guide critical examination of an area of personal interest, located within your discipline or course specialisation|
|2||discern between, and critique, the evidence supporting further research and practice improvement|
|3||analyse, refine and manage results of a systematic literature search|
|4||provide an evidence-based rationale for further research or practice improvement.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop a research question and problem statement to guide critical examination of an area of personal interest, located within your discipline or course specialisation
- discern between, and critique, the evidence supporting further research and practice improvement
- analyse, refine and manage results of a systematic literature search
- provide an evidence-based rationale for further research or practice improvement.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.