|Online||Session 2||Session 2|
Provides a comprehensive overview of nutritional science and its relationship to physical performance. The unit enables students to gain basic skills in nutrition education when related to exercise.
- General nutritional requirements for sport and exercise related to gender, age and physiological state
- Body composition, weight loss, making weight
- Eating disorders and disordered eating in athletes
- Changing nutritional requirements across athletic disciplines
- Competition nutrition (preparation, during the event, recovery)
- Nutrition related conditions at risk in the athlete and the exercising individual
- Exercise nutrition in people with special needs
- An introduction to nutrition education of athletes and exercising persons
- Case Studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||critically discuss nutritional requirements for exercise and for recreational and elite athletes||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||critically apply nutrition concepts to enhance physical performance, recovery, health maintenance and rehabilitation||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|3||develop a nutrition education resource for athletes or exercising persons||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|4||demonstrate proficient skills in oral/visual presentation and skills in professional writing||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.