2023 unit offering information will be available in November 2022
Examines the relationship between occupational performance, the psychosocial dimensions of human performance, and related environmental and social factors that impact on mental health. The theory and practice of occupational therapy assessment and intervention will be analysed and applied to address occupational performance concerns associated with mental health and well-being.
- Occupational performance and mental health
- Service models, state policies and global trends of occupational therapy practice in mental health
- Theoretical frames of reference and conceptual practice models in occupational therapy programs in mental health
- Occupational therapy assessments in mental health
- Individual and group intervention approaches
- Concepts of wellness, recovery and resilience
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine the relationship between mental health and occupational performance|
|2||apply theoretical perspectives and best practice models to plan and implement occupational therapy service delivery in various mental health practice settings|
|3||apply client-centred practice principles to occupational therapy practice in mental health|
|4||collaborate with consumers to inform occupational therapy service delivery|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine the relationship between mental health and occupational performance
- apply theoretical perspectives and best practice models to plan and implement occupational therapy service delivery in various mental health practice settings
- apply client-centred practice principles to occupational therapy practice in mental health
- collaborate with consumers to inform occupational therapy service delivery
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.