This unit provides students with the opportunity to undertake reflective practice and develop clinical/professional reasoning skills in simulated practice education. Students develop professional behaviours and competencies, and integrate and apply theory and skills learned in foundational units.
150 hours of practice education will be undertaken throughout this unit. Essential practical skills will be learnt and demonstrated throughout the unit including safe manual handling skills. These skills will be learnt on campus. Students will be assessed on clinical/professional reasoning, various technical skills, communication skills, documentation skills, professional behaviours and competencies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply occupational therapy professional reasoning and models of practice to simulated client scenarios|
|2||demonstrate safe manual handling to assist with functional mobility|
|3||demonstrate an emerging level of ethical practice, competence and performance in identified core areas of occupational therapy practice|
|4||demonstrate written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills appropriate for occupational therapy practice|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply occupational therapy professional reasoning and models of practice to simulated client scenarios
- demonstrate safe manual handling to assist with functional mobility
- demonstrate an emerging level of ethical practice, competence and performance in identified core areas of occupational therapy practice
- demonstrate written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills appropriate for occupational therapy practice
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.