Advances the students’ understanding of osteopathic philosophy in diagnosis and treatment, and introduces the concept of reflective practice and current evidence of the mechanisms of pain production. Building on the skills and understanding gained in Osteopathic I, students will develop critical reflection and evidence-based musculoskeletal diagnosis and management of different regions of the body.
- Introduction to the general musculoskeletal examination
- Examination and treatment of spine and thorax
- Diagnosis and treatment for basic musculoskeletal presentations
- The evidence and clinical application of muscle energy, articulatory and myofascial techniques
- Introduction to clinical practice guidelines
- Diversity, culture, inclusion, and cultural responsivity for all people
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically discuss how osteopathic principles and evidence-based practice are integrated in diagnosis and treatment|
|2||reflect upon and demonstrate safe and competent patient handling, interactive skills and practitioner self-care|
|3||demonstrate sound clinical reasoning and apply principles of osteopathic diagnosis|
|4||demonstrate and develop osteopathic techniques including muscle energy, articulatory and myofascial|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically discuss how osteopathic principles and evidence-based practice are integrated in diagnosis and treatment
- reflect upon and demonstrate safe and competent patient handling, interactive skills and practitioner self-care
- demonstrate sound clinical reasoning and apply principles of osteopathic diagnosis
- demonstrate and develop osteopathic techniques including muscle energy, articulatory and myofascial
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.